Saturday, April 23, 2011

21 Months Old and Counting

21 Months Old...WOW...time is going way too fast!!
This past month has been a very busy one for our little man with a lot of "firsts" that are pretty big for a little guy. He had his first surgery, first major knee scrape, and a lot of new first words. Wow, that is a lot to take in when you are only a 2 ft., 8 inch, 22 lbs., 9 oz. boy. 

1. As I mentioned above, Jayden is 22 lbs., 9 oz. and 32" long. These official stats were taken at his physical before surgery. He is down in his weight since last month, but hopefully he will be gaining soon.
2. He is wearing size 4 diapers and size 18-24 month clothing. I recently took out his summer clothes from last year (12 months) and they still fit, just a little short. He had his 5th haircut this month too. He still doesn't like them!
3. His obsession with climbing has ceased a little. His true love now is basketball. He lives for watching basketball, playing basketball, seeing a basketball, wearing a basketball on his shirt, and saying the word basketball. He is obsessed.
4. You guessed it. His favorite toy is his basketball hoop and any ball that he can shoot. He is actually getting pretty good at shooting from long distances. Sometimes when he misses, he knocks down the hoop. I am not sure where he gets this anger from....maybe it is a "boy thing".
5. Tubes have played a major role in increasing Jayden's appetite. He likes to eat a lot more than he did before. The day after surgery he ate 2 bananas and 5 fish sticks for lunch. I honestly couldn't believe it.
6. Jayden must have a warm glass of milk as soon as he wakes up in the morning or his day could potentially be ruined.
7. One more tooth is poking through! Will it cause an ear infection?? I sure hope not!!
8. We have found the key to success at the grocery store. This includes going straight to the apples and getting two. Then proceeding to the bananas and getting a bunch. After that, I have about 20 minutes to get my shopping done while we talk. He has also started to enjoy sitting in the basket part of the cart. That makes me a bit nervous, but I go with it as long as he is sitting.
9. Sleeping. What sleep? We are back to working on that. I am hoping and possibly praying that the ear infection phase is over, he will begin getting back into his old habits. But I am not going to hold my breath.
10. This month, I have seen one of the biggest changes in Jayden compared to the last few months. The day after his tubes, he told me names of different shapes I didn't even know he knew. He said so many words much clearer than he ever had before. He has begun to truly give us real words that we can understand. To list them all would be a challenge, but I will tell you some of my favorites.
"I'm Jayden"
"I'm going outside. Bye"
"It's Mom, it's Dad"
"Dee Dee (Mickey), Donald, Pluto, Daisy"
"Han(d)y Many"
"It's a ball, it's a football, it's a baseball, it's a basketball" "Do it"
"Want an apple...I got two"
"My boons (balloons)"
"My socks, my shoes, my toes"



Happy 21 Month Birthday Little Jayden. We love you so much and in just three short months, we will be celebrating your 2nd birthday. I am guessing a Mickey Mouse cake needs to be at the top of my list!


No comments: