Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Case of the Spots

Poor Jayden has a "case of the spots" as we have been calling them. Since we returned home from our visit to Mt. Carmel, I noticed some spots. At first, heat rash from our day at the beach was my guess but they ended up being bug bites from playing in the sand. I have some around my ankles too.





To add to it, because we have to do everything the hard way, he has a double ear infection too. Babies with tubes in their ears shouldn't play in lake or river water. That didn't cross my mind or anyone else's until after the fact. I put ear drops in as soon as we got home, but that didn't fix our mistake. Guess what happened after that? A fever. A two day fever and a little boy who can finally tell me his ear hurts.


So after a few days of monitoring we hit up prompt care to find out he in fact has a double ear infection, infected bug bites from scratching them, and an outrageous case of diaper rash.

Poor little guy has been so healthy since his tonsils were removed until now. He is on antibiotics, Benadryl for the itch, ear drops, and topical cream. I'm pretty sure that this was a lesson learned for the future!

At least he had fun at the beach while it lasted. I'm pretty sure chlorine pools are in the future for our little fish the rest of this summer.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: