Sunday, February 21, 2010

Go Illini + A Groggy Weekend

On Saturday, Aaron had to work at the home builders show in Springfield until 12. Jayden and I got up at 9:00, ate some breakfast and then quickly went back to bed~with phone on silent. I did not feel very well at all. My allergies had been horrible all week and now I felt like I had the flu. Jayden watched Mickey Mouse for 30 minutes, slept with me for an hour and a half, and played his in room for 20 minutes while I stayed in bed. Thank goodness for the video monitor! Of course, I had soo much homework to accomplish on Saturday so Aaron had Daddy Day Care. No homework was started until 3 because I simply did not have the energy. Just as I began to work, Jayden and Aaron returned home at 4. Jayden was being a "crybaby" during the game and that wasn't going to work for those who were trying to watch. So much for homework.
After being a little cry baby at our friends house, Jayden left and found a new friend, his Grandpa. They went to the high school basketball game so I could get my paper done. Jayden entertained the crowd at the basketball game with his dancing. Of course, everyone thought he was cute. Worn out from his day, he went to sleep like a good boy at 9. I then was able to finish the first draft of my paper (21 pages).
Jayden and Aaron headed over to a friend's house to watch the Illini game. No luck for the Illini and no luck for Jayden. Unfortunately, he was whiny and had to be brought back home to a sick Mommy.

Today, I am feeling a bit better, but not 100% by any means. Meredith's baby shower was up north today and I decided not to attend after I woke up not feeling well this morning. I sure hate to miss it, but I would really hate to get someone else sick, especially Meredith. She has 4 more weeks to go! My hopes for today are that Aaron and Jayden can stay germ free. I suppose I could always blame my sickness on the cafeteria food at school. Lunch on Friday was not very good at all. I hope that next weekend is much better!

No comments: