Monday, December 12, 2011

Acree Twins Sprinkle

Our little group of friends has started the tradition of throwing a "sprinkle" for the second baby. It is just a fun little way to get together before Momma to be is busy for a while. This weekend, Meredith, Kristy and Sarah hosted one for the Acree girls. It was hard to get everyone together at the same time with the holiday, but it ended up being perfect. We did miss Amy and Sarah who were unable to make it due to other engagements.
 Kristy, the baker, made the yummiest pink sparkle cupcakes and Meredith cooked up some yummy snacks.
 Crafty Amy shipped some homemade blankets for the girls in pink and purple. They will be perfect for this winter! Sarah sent cute little hats and ordered some bows. Meredith got me a giant pack of diapers which we decided will go super fast when I am going through 12-20 diapers A DAY!!
 Brittany had a bow board made because she knows exactly what I am in for with two girls. Payton and Madelyn have a million bows, so she knew this was something that was much needed!! Thanks, Brittany!! Kristy bought the girls swaddle me blankets. A much needed gift to help the girls sleep through the night!!
 I had Nanny, my Mom, and Aunt Lori make the adventure over. It is partly Nanny's fault for starting this twin tradition (I have told her this statement from the beginning), so I felt it was necessary she attend her first sprinkle for her second set of great twin granddaughters of which are the third set of girl/girl twins and the fourth set of twins in the family. Don't you think she should get some credit?? She put her craftyness to work and sewed together two quilts and these little lovies for the babies. I  just love them!

 These two pictures make me laugh. Nanny with her twins and the twins on the way and then me with my mom and aunt twin. This twin thing is just a little too out of control. I am just waiting for the picture with all of the twins. Now that is going to be something!!

Thank you to Meredith, Addison, Kristy and Sarah for hosting my "sprinkle" and for everyone who was able to come. I loved catching up with you and thank you for letting my family attend. They thought it was great and so did I!

Maybe we will get lucky and get to host one more twin sprinkle if Kristy's twin tradition catches her like it did me or maybe it will hit our friend Amy.....time will only tell!!

No comments: