Friday, June 18, 2010

Fairwell to the Ford

From a Mustang....to a Jetta....to an Explorer...and now to a mom-van. It's funny how things change, isn't it?? Today we said good bye to our Explorer and hello to a new mini-van. Did I ever think I would drive a mini-van? No way!! However, I did love the "vanster" when I was growing up. I was an only child in a mini-van and it was awesome! There was so much space and now it is Jayden's turn to be an only child in a mini-van.

Today when I was driving to trade in the Explorer it made me a bit sad because we brought Jayden home from the hospital in this car. Here is our first picture in the car together! And here we are getting ready to trade it away! 11 months later and look how Jayden has grown!!


Well...here it is! The new mom-van!! Aaron told me that I still "look cool" driving it and not like an old lady. I was really worried about that! This van will be perfect for us for over the next few years. It has an automatic start button in which I always wanted on a car, leather seats, four heated seats, two television screens with satellite TV, power doors on both sides and the rear hatch, stow and go seating, backup camera, power windows~all 6 of them, and so much more. It was such a good deal that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have more space and more luxury. I suppose all I need now is a little soccer ball sticker to go on the back window :) Just joking! I will save that for a few years down the road!! Beep, beep!!

1 comment:

The Aslinger's said...

I had never really looked at all the options that a van had these days. Wow, they are nice. I won't make fun anymore, we may be right behind you :)