Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ear Infection #7 & 8

Last week, we headed to the doctor's office to have Jayden's ears rechecked since his 10 days of antibiotics were complete. He still had fluid on his left ear, but we were to wait to see if it cleared on its own or wait until the symptoms of an ear infection showed up. Well, as you may have guessed, poor buddy has yet another ear infection, but this time, in both ears. We all know the signs and symptoms of what an ear infection looks like, so this one these two were caught early. He got a dose of Tylenol and his fever went down and by the time I got to the doctor's office, he looked pretty good and was pretty happy. Thankfully, we did catch these ear infections early. I would have hated him to go through what we went through with the last one. He had a fever for 3 days!

We were able to get him into Springfield Clinic at 3:15 rather than heading back to his pediatrician. He was evaluated by the NICEST nurse practitioner ever! He didn't even cry when she looked into his ears and he got a toy from her toy box for being so good! That is a first!!! I also talked to her about our trip to Denver. She said she wouldn't take her child if it were her and suggested we find a back-up plan. So, it looks like Jayden will be staying home and everyone around will be making sure he is happy by staying in his own bed, at his own house. That makes me feel a lot better about going, but at the same time, I almost feel like I should stay home.

Pictures to post later....I'm off to wake Jayden up so I can head to work.

No comments: