Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ear Infection #9

I took this picture yesterday when we came home from Grandma's house. Jayden had sick eyes and we all knew something was up. The doctors at Express Care didn't see the infection on his right ear, but our favorite doctor found it today. The fluid on his ear has caused drainage to his nose and throat which resulted in a cough and a little miserable boy. J lost one pound since the last time we visited the doctor, so hopefully after tubes he will eat more and gain some weight!
I hate that he has another ear infection, but so happy he doesn't have pneumonia (which I started to think after Sunday) that he can pass along to the other kids. I know they all share germs every single day, which is fine because that is what babies do, but I was afraid we were going to messing with some serious germs!! I was also afraid I was going to get sick and pass it on to my fifth graders.

For now it is just an ear infection for Jayden, a cold for Momma (due to lack of sleep), and a cold for Daddy (due to working too hard). Tomorrow I will be home with the sick boy getting him all ready to see his friends on Thursday.

How many more days until tubes? 17. Not that I am counting.
How many more days of school? For the first time in 6 years. I have no idea. Oh, well. Once April 15th is here I will have something new to count down to!

No comments: