Monday, September 26, 2011

21 weeks and making progress!

We are over half way done with this pregnancy and I am really starting to feel it and them too!! Today was one of the growing moments. I left the house in my normal clothes and by the end of the day I was regretting my decision. It is almost time for full time belly bands and cute dresses. Only 16 more weeks to go if we can hang on that long! Babycenter.com sent me an e-mail today to let me know that the babies are 10.5" long. So, I have 21 inches of baby in my belly. The same length Jayden was when he was born. No wonder why I can no longer bend over without having major pains. Look for their newest picture in the next few days.
Tomorrow, I head to the doctor to get a check-up on these girls. Besides me making progress with a growing belly, our house is too, thanks to Aaron and our wonderful helpers.

Above is the toy room/second living room. Aaron has one more coat of mud to put on tomorrow night and then the sanding begins. He thinks he will be ready to prime all the rooms on Thursday night.
This is the toy room from other side. I hope to put a bench by the back door on the right. This leads to the garage. I figured it would be the perfect place for backpacks, diaper bags, coats, shoes,  and all that comes with three kids (and a husband).
These two pictures are the two bedrooms downstairs. One for Jayden with a view of the backyard and the other for the girls.

My next challenge is picking out paint colors for all of these rooms. The carpet installer will be here tomorrow evening to measure for the carpet we ordered this past weekend. We will put it in the bedrooms and part of the play area. This transformation is going a lot faster than I thought!!

In other news, we also made progress with Jayden. We switched to a new peditrician and we really like him. Jayden ended up getting a fever and white spots in his throat, so we made it for a visit. Imagine that. I think this may be #8 or 9 since tubes. Our new doctor send us to a new ENT and Dr. Haung scheduled Jayden for surgery on October 20 at St. John's Children's Hospital. He is going to have his tonsils and adenoids removed, which is a big deal for a little guy. This is a surgery that they generally wait to do until a child is 3 years old but Jayden has enlarged tonsils and we feel this is the best option for him right now. I am not too excited for him to be going through another surgery at a young age, but he cannot continue to be on medicine for the next year. He is going to have a rough 10 days of recovery and a nights stay in he hospital, but hopefully this will help him be healthier and actually want to eat more. I am not sure if we will even make it to Trick or Treat this year, it just depends how little man feels.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look great! The house is really coming along too! Thanks for posting pics...I love to see them and can't wait to see more.

Dr. Haung did Heith's tubes I think...I know he did a follow up visit for him.

Ashley