Friday, September 16, 2011

Farewell to Poplar Street

After a short while on the market and three showings, our home of three years is officially sold. This is bittersweet as we pack up and prepare for our move. We have put so much time, effort, and money into this house to make it into our home that it makes me a little sad to leave, but I know I will love my next home too (eventually). I loved so many different things about this house, but at the same time, there was a lot I didn't like either. Each house teaches you what you want for your next house. I know I will never have another house like this one, it just isn't possible.
One thing I learned growing up, is you never get attached to a house.
So, here is a final farewell to Poplar Street House.
The outside of our house has changed so much over the past three years. With a color change, grass planted in the yard, and actual landscaping, our house started to transform and actually have some curb appeal! My blogging actually started with a post of the outside of our house. I am really going to miss our peach tree and my very first Mother's Day tree in the back.
I loved our foyer because it was full of furniture that was given to us by different members of our family. It was amazing how they all just fit together to make the room complete. The walls were full of pictures of Jayden, who will remain the ruler of the house of all time.

 
 I loved our kitchen too and I am going to miss the size of it. Some would say it is just too big, but really, it is nice. I loved the space we had especially when we would have a large group of people over. My next kitchen, which is tiny compared to this, needs some work to say the least! I am having a very hard time adjusting to the small space and amount of cabinets. It actually stresses me out to be in there and look at it. Hopefully, we can make some changes to it soon.
 I loved our awesome fireplace. Aaron spent a lot of time on this project to make it just perfect. We spent a lot of time watching the fire last winter. It was awesome. I am looking forward to what our new fireplace is going to look like. It is just going to take a year for that to happen!
 We hardly ever used our dining room, but I still loved it. I always wanted to have a nice dinner party at our house and use our good dishes, but I never got to it. The age of the room goes back hundreds of years. We finished the floors, but left the trim and door. The beautiful piece we added from Grandpa Nieves made the room and fit the era perfectly. The buyer really want to buy this from us, but I told him it was priceless and a piece of the family.
 The best part of our bedroom was the closet followed by the fact all of our bedroom furniture fit without being jammed packed. I can't wait to get an even bigger bedroom and closet once the remodel is done. That place is going to be my "quiet place".  Right now, our space is very small and doesn't feel like home. I know not much time is spent in a bedroom, but a girl like me needs a closet that is at least as big as what I had. Most of my clothes are spending some time at Nanny's house until a change is made.
 Our poor guest room got the least attention out of all the rooms in the house. Only family ever stayed the night, but this room was great to have. We are going to miss having a guest room at our new house, but having a room full of pink will be a new adventure!
 I loved the little shape of Jayden's room, especially for a baby. This room was made to be a nursery! The art teacher at school hand painted the little trucks on his wall to match his bedding. I can't wait to let Jayden have a big boy room of his own. I am going to miss the fact this is where I rocked him to sleep so many nights, but I know he is going to love having a huge yard to play in and even have room to have a tree house once he is allowed to be outside. Right now his swing set is in pieces.
The play room had to be one of the best parts of the downstairs when it came to having a child. Every child needs a playroom! However, his new play room is going to be three times as big and in the basement. That means no toys upstairs!! I can't wait for that room to be finished. It is going to be a great space for all of the kids to play.

Farewell to our house, which became our home. The first place our little man Jayden lived, slept through the night, learned to crawl, walk, and talk. The place he learned to count, spell his name, and completely destroy in a few short minutes. All great memories for us to keep with us and add to at our next house, which eventually will become our home. I am looking forward to our new adventure with our new house and all the adventures that come along with it!  

No comments: