Monday, January 16, 2012

Amelia's Echocardiogram






Sweet pea had her echocardiogram or sonogram of her heart today. The man took around 70 images of her little beating heart. It was neat to see, but I really didn't understand the different images. I know it didn't hurt our little baby, but I thought she needed me to hold her little hand. The final readings will be read tonight and reported back to us tomorrow. We also found out that if she can make it to Wednesday without a spell, she will be coming home!



Our pediatrician reported to me today that research concludes that after five days being apeana free, newborns are generally over their spells. This was great news to my ears! I think I will sleep with my eyes open for the first few nights she is home, but I think everyone in my shoes would too!

No comments: