Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our Missing Piece

Sweet pea Amelia is the only one left to make the car ride home. Jayden came home today after a week long stay with his Nana. We are so happy to have him home! He looks like a giant compared to the tiny little girls we have been holding for the past week. He wasn't sure what to think of Adalyn and really wanted nothing to do with her when he got home. I guess we forgot to tell him there would be a baby here when he returned. After a while, he warmed up to the idea, told his sister good night, and finished his nighttime routine.

Little Amelia is still in the hospital and I have no idea when she will be coming home to make our family complete. She has been gaining weight (now at her birth weight 4.7), keeping warm on her own, out eating her minimum amount and hasn't had a spell in a few days. I don't want to rush her homecoming in any way, but I am ready for some goals to be set so we can work towards the day she comes home. It is really sad to see her lay in her little bed all alone hooked up to monitors. I am pretty sure I could watch her at home hooked up to these machines. She did, however, pass the car seat test without a problem!

Tonight's car ride home from the hospital wasn't an easy one compared to the million other trips I have made.Our visit was quick and I was so sad to leave her, but at the same time I had no choice because two other little ones were at home waiting too. Talk about stretching yourself in a million directions.

Keep growing, staying warm, and breathing on your own sweet pea! We want you home or at least a date to look forward too if all continues to go in the right directions. I know the nurses are going to miss you because all they do is brag about how sweet and perfect you are, but I am pretty sure it is my turn to do that!

This picture is for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to see Amelia in person. The pictures we take make her look a lot bigger than she actually is. Her head is about the same size as the palm of my hand. She is a tiny little girl! I totally see my future of shopping for long and slim jeans for these girls because they have their momma's long arms and legs!

No comments: