Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The First Day of School-4th Grade


Today marked the first day of school for me and the start of my seventh year of teaching. The day passed quickly and I found 22 little sets of eyes peering at me in their favorite new outfit. It was also so nice to see a familiar face or two during the day. My friend Sarah stopped by before school started and we watched the little kindergarten kids get off the bus and come into the school. Their parents were following them with cameras. It was pretty cute. I saw a lot of Jayden in one of them and then it made me think that next year he will have his first day of preschool!! Oh my. My old teacher friend, turned administrator, made a stop to my room as well. It was nice to hear a familiar voice, which I am sure I will hear a lot of this year! I sure did miss my best buddies at GIS today, but they are only a phone call away!

I am looking forward to the new adventure in fourth grade. I am feeling very lucky to be with such a great team of teachers who work well together. I think this year is going to be perfect!


So our picture from this year didn't turn out that well because I don't know how to set the timer. We will try again tomorrow. But, at least you know what I wore. Same dress two years in a row. Funny how that happens.

No comments: