Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Today we headed to the doctor for our 17 week check-up which included an ultrasound for measurement of organs and a gender check. Both babies looked perfect! We couldn't be any luckier or happier to see two happy, healthy babies hitting each other in the hands. It was so neat. Their head and brains looked perfect, hearts both had four chambers, the space between their back and neck was great, and all their other little parts looked good too. Both babies weigh 6 oz. One is measuring one day bigger than the other.  

We also got confirmation that both babies, yes both, are sweet little baby girls. My first guess was two girls in June when we went for our first appointment and then I changed it so many times.  I finally decided that it was one of each because they were so different every time we were able to see them. Well, I admit, I was wrong. They are 100% girl, both of them! What a surprise this pregnancy has been. First twins and then girls! I really don't think I can take any more surprises with these two!


The babies had heartbeats of 138 and 152 and both of them have long legs and they were stretching out. We couldn't believe how long their legs are right now. We head back at the end of September for another appointment and then soon enough we will be on a 2 week rotation rather than 4. I am so glad my friend Meredith is having a baby girl in 4 weeks, so we can learn a little more about a baby girl with a big brother. Addison and the girls are going to have so much fun and be so spoiled and protected from the crew of five boys who are older than them. What a fun picture that is going to be!!

We are feeling very blessed right now with their health and look forward to how our family is going to change when we bring home two sweet little girls into our world.







 

2 comments:

Nana Acree said...

Couldn't be happier! I finally get to have my girl, times two. :) They look adorable already. Aaron better have his shot gun ready.

Aarika May said...

Yay! So excited for you Jodi! Congratulations X 2!!! Jayden will be the best big brother and protector.